Olive Oil Health Benefits
The heart is an impressive engineering marvel inside our bodies. It is one of the most vital organs that work around the clock every day, helping us stay alive and perform every single task. In fact, it beats about 2.5 billion times on average in a person's lifetime! Therefore, it is essential that we give extraordinary care to this organ since it is our most precious commodity. What other aspects of your body and health benefit from a healthy heart? And how does the certified extra virgin olive oil that you can find at WE OLIVE'S olive oil store help you enjoy phenomenal heart health? Keep reading to find out the answers.
Reasons Why You Should Have a Healthy Heart
A healthy heart can significantly improve practically every organ and body function. On the contrary, there can be adverse effects when there is no proper care of this essential organ. Consider the following 5 aspects that are significantly affected as a result of a healthy or unhealthy heart:
- Cardiovascular health. – Of course, the first aspect is directly related to our cardiovascular system, namely, our heart and blood vessels that transport blood around our entire body. In turn, the blood that is pumped by our heart supplies vital oxygen and nutrients throughout our body and organs.
- Blood pressure. – Maintaining balanced blood pressure is essential to our overall health. A person who develops high blood pressure, also known as hypertension in the medical field, means that the arteries' walls put resistance to the free flow of blood. Consequently, the heart must work harder to pump enough blood in the narrower arteries. Thus, resulting in elevated blood pressure.
- Cholesterol levels. – According to the American Heart Association, of which the WE OLIVE is a proud supporter, having unhealthy cholesterol in the blood can have severe consequences, including increased risks of developing cardiovascular diseases, stroke, and heart attack.
- Emotional well-being. – Yes, it may seem hard to believe, but studies have shown that people with cardiovascular disease have a high risk of developing depression. Some phycologists working for the American Heart Association have been alerting of this connection in recent years.
- Mental health. – Similar extensive research showing the connection between heart health and depression confirmed that poor heart health is associated with dementia. The reason? As a result of narrow blood arteries, the brain receives less amount of blood and oxygen. Hence, the brain starts to have a hard time performing properly by forgetting things frequently and having difficulty making decisions and reasoning. Neurologists working for the American Heart Association have indicated that giving attention to our heart health will reduce developing mental conditions such as Alzheimer's disease.
Clearly, our heart health should take priority when we make lifestyle decisions. Starting by making small choices will allow us to improve our heart's health that will impact our overall health and well-being in the short and long terms. What are some of those choices you can start making today? Here are a few examples:
- Have regular checkups with your doctor
- Have regular physical activity and exercise
- Avoid bad habits like smoking and over drinking
- Stick to a heart-healthy diet
We could spend a long time discussing each of the choices mentioned above. We will do so in the following articles, but for now, we want to focus on the last one, which is one of the essential ones that is often overlooked. Having a heart-healthy diet is not only about avoiding unhealthy foods such as those with high sugar and harmful fat contents, but it is also about incorporating more nutritious foods and ingredients. For example, certified extra virgin olive oil found at the online WE OLIVE'S olive oil store provides extraordinary reasons to include it in our diet. Let us find out how.
Health Benefits from Extra Virgin Olive Oil
As mentioned earlier, poor heart health and cardiovascular disease have adverse effects on several body functions. Unfortunately, heart disease and stroke some of the most prevalent causes of mortality rates globally. In contrast, countries that incorporate several olive oil recipes in their diet, such as those around the Mediterranean Sea, show some of the lowest death rates from cardiovascular disease in the world.
Furthermore, researchers have conducted extensive studies on the Mediterranean diet. What has been the result? There is clear evidence that people who buy certified extra virgin olive oil at We Olive's olive oil store reduced the risks of strokes and heart attacks by at least 30%!
What is the secret behind the extraordinary health benefits of olive oil? There are several reasons. However, consider the following five:
- Improves blood arteries' health. – People who consume certified extra virgin olive oil at WE OLIVE'S olive oil shop experience improvement in the endothelium, which is a thin membrane inside the arteries. As a result, blood can flow continually and smoothly.
- Reduces cholesterol levels significantly. – Authentic extra virgin olive oil can drastically reduce the oxidation of the bad cholesterol named LDL. Such oxidation from LDL particles has adverse effects that are primarily responsible for developing heart disease.
- Remarkably lowers high blood pressure. – Some of the studies aforementioned had impressive indicators in people who significantly reduced their blood pressure and the cut back medication to control such effects by 48%.
- Reduces inflammation. – Inflammation is a crucial factor for several diseases, including heart disease. Thus, a diet rich in extra virgin olive oil reduces and protects against inflammation.
- An excellent aid to reduce blood clotting. – Another key factor that increases the risks of strokes and heart attacks is clots in the blood. Thankfully, extra virgin olive oil can significantly prevent those clots from forming and entering the heart and brain.
Will You Experience Phenomenal Health Benefits Thanks to EVOO?
Indeed, numerous people world-wide experience phenomenal health benefits when they include certified extra virgin olive oil found at WE OLIVE'S olive oil store in their regular diet, especially they enjoy the effects of a healthy heart. However, you might wonder: what the biological factors that make olive oil such an impressive aid to our improved overall health? Stay tuned to the following articles that will explain those factors and other outstanding health benefits from it. In the meantime, why not reach out to your closest WE OLIVE store by clicking here to start or continue benefiting from extra virgin olive oil, one of nature's greatest gifts!